An exhibition of charcoal drawings by David Edgar at The Makers Space and The Atrium Gallery.
- David Edgar
Presented by Faith Ortins
- Faith Ortins
To be led by Professor Mardi Dungey
Art After Dark - Inside Out: David Keeling
Join us in Sydney to celebrate the University of Tasmania's 125th anniversary year.
Professor Murray Pomerance reflects on what we learn if we pay close attention to the ways in which eating and food are treated in the filmmaking of Steven Spielberg.
- Professor Murray Pomerance
Can we stop water from freezing? The talk will discuss this process and look at applications in freeze tolerant animals such as Antarctic fishes, in oil pipelines and other scenarios where supercooling is commonplace.
- Professor Peter Wilson, University of Tasmania
An evening of Menzies public talks on health in Tasmania: Fires, Smoke & Your Health; and Mild Iodine Deficiency in Tasmania: Research on Pregnant and Breastfeeding Women, and Children
- Dr Fay Johnston, Menzies Institute for Medical Research
- Dr Kristen Hynes, Menzies Institute for Medical Research
The event will feature a performance of Bach's Toccata, Adagio & Fugue by Emeritus Professor Rodney Thomson, followed with a lecture by Philipp Klais
- Philipp Klais, Managing Director, Orgelbau Klais Bonn
- Emeritus Professor Rodney Thompson
A panel of speakers will explore the capacity for education to deliver new futures for our region, our people.
- Saul Eslake, Bank of America Merrill Lynch Australia
- Mayor Anita Dow, Burnie City Council
- Dr Cherie Hawkins, University of Tasmania
- Adam Mostogl, Tasmanian Young Australian of the Year 2015
Let Me Be Myself - The Life Story of Anne Frank
Variations of Nutrient Trace Elements in the Past Oceans Provides a New Explanation for Major Extinction Events
How Tasmania’s Tourism strategy bucked the trends, embraced differentiation and outperformed the competition by celebrating its cultural roots.