Asia Institute Tasmania Public Lecture
- Dr Farveh Farivar
- Dr Rajesh Rajaguru
The institutional final for the five minute research pitch competition.
Hear experienced and newly-emerging historians discuss their latest research and thinking about Aboriginal, convict and settler experiences in nineteenth-century Tasmania.
National Tour of acclaimed Australian Astrophysicist, Professor Lisa Harvey-Smith and the live stage tour events of 'When Galaxies Collide'
- Professor Lisa Harvey-Smith
A lecture to accompany the re-unveiling of the Honour Board, recognising University participants in World War I.
- Professor Stefan Petrow, University of Tasmania
This workshop will show how a new curriculum from Finland is turning mathematics learning from the compulsory daily meal into a tasty piece of dining.
- Dr Laura Tuohilampi, University of Helsinki
- Juuso Nieminen, University of Helsinki
A biennial lecture and exhibition held in honour of the distinguished British planner, Sir Patrick Abercrombie.
- Professor Billie Giles-Corti
University researchers demonstrate how they are at the forefront of creative ideas to improve social policy, industry innovation, community wellbeing and learning cultures.
- Dr Jennifer Ayton, Lecturer in Public Health
- Dr Kim Jose, Menzies Institute for Medical Research
- Dr Fiona Cocker, School of Medicine
University researchers demonstrate how Tasmania's unique environments help them confront some of the most challenging questions of our time.
- Distinguished Professor Jamie Kirkpatrick
- Associate Professor Aidan Davison
- Dr Jen Styger
- Matt Taylor, PhD Candidate
- Rowena Hamer, PhD Candidate
Royal Society of Tasmania November Lecture
The Latin American film festival is a great multi-cultural opportunity to promote and enhance understanding of contemporary Latin American art and culture.
On the first anniversary of the historic vote on marriage equality come the stories of campaigners’ highs and lows.
- Briohny Walker, PhD Candidate, Queering Health Hobart
- Dr Erin Hortle, Fiction Writer and Essayist
- Eden S. French, PhD Candidate, Novelist, Artist
- Susanne Ferwerda PhD Candidate, Unsettling the Humanities Reading Group
- Dr Louise Richardson-Self, Lecturer in Philosophy and Gender Studies
A seminar presented by Professor Ken Baldwin, Director, Energy Change Institute, ANU
A concert featuring Chinese traditional and contemporary compositions
The Opening night of this exhibition will see the announcement of the winner of the Barry McNeill Student Prize, while showcasing the work of Master of Architecture 2018 prize nominees.
A conversation about how to deliver a future for greater Hobart that is liveable, dynamic and sustainable.
In this presentation, Dr Faragher will explore the nature of numeracy in light of recent research in three fields of inclusive mathematics education.
- Dr Rhonda Faragher, University of Queensland
Join us for an evening of conversation with former ABC 7.30 host Kerry O'Brien
An industry panel discusses the challenges facing the local media sector in Northern Tasmania.
- Mark Baker, Fairfax Media
- Lisa Watts, The Conversation
- Brian Carlton, Tasmania Talks
- Zahra Rajab Ali, Afghan Youth Radio
The Southern Gospel Choir celebrates the music of Richard Smallwood.