University of Tasmania Livestream Channel
To catch up on past video recordings or to register for future live events please visit our Livestream Channel.
Accessing (request) Livestream
Livestream is not a centrally supported service of the University and the service has been developed for the broadcasts of events within the University’s Public Lectures and Forums program which is coordinated by the Events and Protocol Unit.
If you have a public forum or lecture that you would like to have Livestreamed and/or included and promoted as part of the University’s Public Forums and Lectures program please make contact the Events and Protocol team at UTAS.Events@utas.edu.au.
The Livestream service is currently only available from Hobart and limited resources are available to support the livestreaming of events.
Should you be interested in Livestreaming your public event please make contact with the Events and Protocol Unit via UTAS.Events@utas.edu.au
Should Events and Protocol be able to provide a Livestream service you will need to make sure that the following associated centrally or local area services are in place:
- Book ITS AV Service. This is booked through the Staff Service Portal. An ITS technician will need to be advised in the booking that the event is to be Livestream and that a service technician is required to attend the event. If the event is out of normal business hours a project code will need to be provide as part of the booking.
- Q&A. Should you be taking questions from the audience, please advise ITS so that appropriate microphones are available otherwise it is not possible for the audience Q&A session to feature as part of the Livestream. You will need to provide staff to manage the Q&A microphones.
- Make a Room Booking. Please ensure the room that you are planning to use is booked with sufficient time for set up and pack down of equipment. A 30 minute preparation window is required on both side of the event to allow for the technical setup.
Please ensure the room booked is suitable for Livestreaming.
The following rooms are recommended:
- Stanley Burbury Theatre
- Centenary Theatre
- Physics Lecture Theatre
- Harvard Lecture Theatres
- MS Lecture Theatre 2
- Aurora Lecture Theatre (recommended space)
- Dechaineaux Lecture Theatre (not potential reduced quality of videography due to lighting available in the lecture theatre)
Note: Seminar and Tutorial Room and Offices are typically not suitable for videography and hence a poorer quality livestream event will result. Please consult David.Otto@utas.edu.au or Richard.Quinn@utas.edu.au for further guidance.
Event Setup and Delivery
Room setup, including setup of banner, tables, and seating; and other event needs, such as cleaning and security, are not part of the Livestream service. Please ensure that your event is staffed effectively to ensure its success. Should you need advice on running an event please be in touch with a member of the Events and Protocol team.
Cost of the Livestream Technician. The Events and Protocol Unit do not recoup a service charge for the Livestream service. Dave Otto provides the videography and Livestream service for the Events and Protocol Unit. As a casual staff member, a minimum of three hours wages will be billed direct to your Budget Centre. A project code must be submitted with your booking enquiry for the Livestream service.
Catch Up | Dean Strang - Beyond Guilt or Innocence: Broader lessons from 'Making a Murderer'