Hydrothermal vents have revealed a world of remarkable spectacle, including ‘lakes’ of molten sulfur, chimneys expelling liquid CO2, spectacular eruptions on the seafloor and never before seen animals.
- Dr Cornel de Ronde, GNS (New Zealand)
Tasmanian School of Business and Economics research seminar
A public lecture by the national ambassador for Alzheimer’s Australia, Sue Pieters-Hawke
Associate Professor Hamre will explore the benefits and challenges of inter-professional collaboration to support the education of children with Special Educational Needs.
- Assistant Professor Bjørn Hamre, Aarhus University (Denmark)
Tim Bowden will reflect on aspects of his career as a foreign correspondent while highlighting the very different conditions which face foreign correspondents in the 21st century..
- Tim Bowden AM, distinguished broadcaster and entertainer
Explore how different choices we make today have the power to drive vastly different versions of the future.
- Professor Eelco J. Rohling, Australian National University
Public Lecture on Noongar Native Title Settlement (SW of WA) by Tom Calma and Glen Kelly
A Seminar and Performance: Christine Parker (as manager and intellectual) and Simon Kerr (as musician, artist and activist) have worked together to plan, market and deliver a musical multimedia show addressing climate change
- Dr Christine Parker, University of Melbourne
- Dr Simon Kerr, climate activist and musician
The Tasmanian College of the Arts presents a special lecture following the opening screening of I, Claude Monet at the State Cinema.
Discuss the findings of a research project on how to prepare university graduates to be agents of change on the gender pay gap with political and community leaders.
- MC: Angela Ross, Australian Broadcasting Corporation
- Jacquie Petrusma MP, Minister for Women and Minister for Human Services
- Rebecca White MP, Shadow Minister for Health & Preventative Care, Mental Health and Primary Industries and Water
- Cassy O’Connor MP, Leader of the Tasmanian Greens
- Heidi La Paglia, Women's Officer, National Union of Student
- Dr Vicki Gardiner, Engineers Australia